Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (2024)

Low carb breadOrientalPancakes, Waffles, Crêpes

ofTo see

Happy Friday on is!
I've been in the kitchen since I was 8 and fried tortillas haha!
A little therapy work like that 😉
We will have our friendsToni & Sandrafrom Stockholm here tonight you should eat otherwise you die so I thought I'd throw one togetherCrockpot Chicken Fajitathen it takes care of itself for a few hours.
And homemade tortillas, of course, taste so much better than the ones you buy with junk in them!
I chose to make three different recipes – one regular with wheat flour and two gluten-free, one of which is low-carb.
I have two other recipes for low-carb tortillas here on the blog, but these were by far the tastiest and easiest to make!
The dough holds together well and can be easily rolled out.
Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (1)
I use a dough spatula and methodically loosen the rolled-out tortilla from the baking table by flipping the tortilla back and forth over my hands.
Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (2)
Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (3)
I cannot stress enough that the only coconut flour I can guarantee results for is Aman Prana! I have never ever used anything else and in all the recipes here on the blog and in my five books where it says coconut flour, this is it. Coconut flour is different and the coconut flour I use is a fiber version with lower carbohydrates and better absorption and binding than, for example, Risentas. (8.9 kh vs 17 kh)
Aman Prana also tastes very little of coconut. Sometimes it works with other brands in my recipes and sometimes it doesn't. It is very possible that it works in this recipe, you have to try!!
My coconut flour is available in Life stores or atBodystore. It's very thick and lasts likeforever! I think I bought a total of 3 bags in my 9 years on a low carb diet!
Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (4)
The tortilla is then fried in a medium dry pan!
A few minutes on every sidex 2
Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (5)
Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (6)
Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (7)
They turned out really well! I recommend serving them immediately! They become soft and a little limp from being protected in a bag, so they should not be served immediately, I recommend that they lie in a towel.

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (8)

Homemade Tortillas – 3 different ones

★★★★★5 from 2 ratings
  • Author: Åse Falkman Fredrikson
  • Portions: 5
Print the recipe

Ingredients

• 1dl almond flour
  • 2tbsp Aman Prana coconut flour
  • 0,5 dl pofiber
  • 1krm bakpulver
  • 0.5tsk salt
  • 2.5 tbsp Lindroos psyllium (or equivalent light powdered psyllium)
  • 2DL of water
  • 1tbsp unflavored melted coconut oil

Instructions

1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix with water and oil to make a dough. Let rest 5 minutes.
  2. Take a piece the size of a ping pong ball and roll it out thinly with a rolling pin. Fry in a medium pan for a few minutes, turning a few times.
  3. Store in a towel and serve immediately.

The next round was gluten-free corn tortillas(Thanks for the recipeDiana! <3)
Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (9) Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (10)

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (11)

Homemade Tortillas – Corn Tortillas

★★★★★5 from 2 ratings
  • Author: Åse Falkman Fredrikson
  • Portions: 10
Print the recipe

Ingredients

• 4dl corn flour
  • 2krm bakpulver
  • 1tsk salt
  • 4tbsp Lindroo's psyllium (or equivalent light powdered psyllium)
  • 4DL of water
  • 2tbsp rapeseed oil

Instructions

3. Store in a towel and serve immediately.

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (12)
Wheat tortillas are probably what most people buy when they buy tortillas, but it is both simple and tastier and better to make yourself.
If I eat "real" bread, I prefer home-baked - I grew up on home-baked bread, I don't think even a store-bought bread ever entered my childhood home.
I myself avoid eating wheat bread as much as possible, but from time to time it happens and then it must be really good!
This recipe comes fromIcaand that's what I usually use when I make wheat tortillas.

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (13)

Homemade Tortillas – Wheat Tortillas

★★★★★5 from 2 ratings
  • Portions: 13
Print the recipe

Ingredients

• 8dl wheat flour
  • 1.5 tsp baking powder
  • 0,5 tsk salt
  • 0.5 dl of oil
  • 3DL of water

Instructions

1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in oil and water. Stir, I used my Kitchen Aid with dough hook.
  2. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for 0.5 hours
  3. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, about the size of a ping-pong ball. Take some flour on your hands and roll into a ball, then flatten and roll into a roundel.
  4. Fry in a dry frying pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes on each side. Place the bread under a baking sheet and serve immediately.

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (14)
Now I have to rush to the store, I'm a little behind schedule today!
Check back a little later forthe Friday drink! have a delicious recipe for you! HUGS! ❤️

If you like the post, please click on the heart under the post and share ♥ Thank you! ︎

31 comments

Fried tortillas with chanterelles and feta cheese cream - 56kilo.se - Recipes, Inspiration and Life's GoodnessAugust 31, 2023 - 13:23

[…] Mini tortillas with bianco sauce (half feta, half creme fraiche), Västerbotten cheese, butter-fried chanterelles (fried with garlic) and a little mozzarella. For lowcarb, we think these HERE are good, just punch out to a smaller size. You can find my recipe HERE […]

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (19)

IsabellJuly 18, 2022 - 8:10 p.m

Hi, I just made corn tortillas and they don't look like yours. What brand of cornmeal do you have? I had rice and instead of turning yellow they turned gray/brown and don't look good at all...

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (20)

To seeJuly 18, 2022 - 8:14 p.m

Did you have Lindroo's light psyllium?
Fiber husk is dark and no longer works in my recipes.

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (21)

IsabellJuly 18, 2022 - 8:38 p.m

I had "Lindroos premium psyllium" it doesn't say whether it is light or not but the powder itself looks beige.

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (22)

To seeJuly 18, 2022 - 8:39 p.m

Ok!
I had Risenta cornmeal. But the recipe is 5 years old and don't know if they changed their flour.

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (23)

IsabellJuly 18, 2022 - 8:42 p.m

Yes okay, how scary that mine turned grey. But thanks for the quick reply!

Car trip to Spain, day 1 - 56kilo.se - LCHF Recipes, Inspiration and the Golden EdgeJune 12, 2022 - 10:25

[…] Caesar dressing is also on but barely visible haha! I had ready-made lowcarb tortilla bread (order at Bodystore or MatHem), if you want to make your own, I recommend them HERE […]

Weight

Tortilla pizza with pesto, artichoke and truffle prosciutto - 56kilo.se - Recipes, inspiration and the goodness of life5 november, 2021 - 08:14

[…] and then. You can make this pizza on the base you want, I have both lowcarb Tortillas and lowcarb Pizza bases here on […]

Weight

FISHTACO and GOLD in the glass! - 56kilo.se - Recipes, inspiration and the goodness of life7 mars, 2021 - 12:08

[…] we have corn tortillas, but you can have lettuce leaves or whatever shells you want! I have recipes for low carb variants here on […]

Weight

Pizza Bianco with Pesto - 56kilo.se - Recipes, inspiration and the goodness of life14 december, 2020 - 17:47

[…] made tortilla pizza (Low Carb Tortilla) Bianca with Pesto and Artichoke – […]

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (24)

Jonas14 november, 2020 - 07:42

Thanks for a good recipe, the best we've had here at home. We have baked the first recipe twice now and since I don't eat almonds that often anymore considering the environmental destruction around the plantation, I have used chickpea flour instead. It also works well, but you can use a little oat flour when baking and roll out between two pieces of parchment paper.

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (25)

To see14 november, 2020 - 12:44

Thanks for the feedback! So lovely that it is appreciated and that you were able to adapt it to your needs and wishes!

Weight

Piadina Agostino (on tortilla) - 56kilo.se - Recipes, inspiration and the goodness of life30 maj, 2020 - 15:20

[…] I didn't have Piada bread but had Low Carb tortilla which I order from Mathem (HERE) This bread contains 4 g of carbohydrates but is not gluten free! However, it works well for me in my own low carb diet. I have recipes for both regular and low carb tortillas HERE […]

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (26)

Rebecca24 maj, 2020 - 08:14

Thanks for a brilliant recipe! I will be getting the coconut flour you use because overall I like your recipes a lot! The app is also widely used!
Anyway, I used Kung Markatta's coconut flour yesterday and felt that it worked well, I also baked with it and it turned out delicious. Thank you for sharing so generously!

Weight

Chicken Mango Curry in Tortilla - 56kilo.se - Recipes, inspiration and the goodness of lifeJuly 30, 2019 - 3:30 p.m

[…] the tortilla you want is a personal choice. I have THESE recipes or you buy ready-made or build a […]

Weight

Tortilla pizza LCHF Gluten-free Paleo - 56 kilos - Wellness, LCHF and Lifestyle30 december, 2017 - 10:41

[...] which is the big pizza day! haha! One of your readers suggested using my tortilla recipe as a pizza base and I have now tried that! I often had lamb bread as a pizza base during [...]

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (27)

Malin19 december, 2017 - 17:54

Hello! Don't know if you suggested these as the pizza base, but it turned out absolutely fantastic! Happens more times when you don't have all the ingredients for the fathead base.

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (28)

To see20 december, 2017 - 15:26

Cool!! Will try! Thanks for the tip!!

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (29)

Ann kristin8 september, 2017 - 20:20

For us it didn't work with Lchf tortilla, too wet we tried twice..

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (30)

To see9 september, 2017 - 16:21

Hello! what brand of almond flour did you use? And Aman Prana as coconut flour I guess?

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (31)

MonicaJuly 18, 2017 - 3:46 p.m

Hi, I finally found a flatbread recipe. I don't eat corn, almonds or wheat. Can I change to quinoa flour, green pea flour or chickpea flour and is the change 1:1 anyway? I also have coconut flour at home and oatmeal that I can mix into flour. Many thanks for the help!

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (32)

Borgny29 april, 2017 - 19:46

Made low carb tortillas and they were super good! Thanks for the recipe!

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (33)

Madeleine Hellman19 mars, 2017 - 10:52

Hello Åse!
If I want to make tortillas and not use right away, can they be frozen? They won't get sunkissed then just in case?
Etc. Madelene Hellman

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (34)

To see19 mars, 2017 - 10:54

Hello! Wheat tortillas should work, but the low-carb version is best freshly made!

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (35)

Pernilla Hjärn17 mars, 2017 - 16:59

Hello!
Fits perfectly with a recipe for homemade tortillas when the son orders fajitas for dinner! I wonder how much bo fiber it should be? It says 0.5 but no unit.
Tack!:)

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (36)

To see17 mars, 2017 - 17:05

Hi, it has been changed but is probably still in the web cache. It is 0.5 dl Pofiber.

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (37)

~ Maria ~17 mars, 2017 - 15:55

Oh how good you are – three kinds of bread too!
Have a cozy evening and a nice weekend :-*

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (38)

Cavewoman17 mars, 2017 - 15:39

Hello!
On the low-carb recipe it says 0.5 bo fiber, is that dl?

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (39)

Annette17 mars, 2017 - 14:34

Love these corn tortillas, they are great! Easy to make and delicious 🙂

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (40)

Maid in the kitchen17 mars, 2017 - 13:58

Both corn tortillas and corn pancakes are so damn good! Here it will be a vegan tacos tonight with sweet potatoes, cashew cream etc. Maybe try making these corn tortillas? Have a nice Friday, hugs!

Weight

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (41)

To see18 mars, 2017 - 11:34

Yum! Sounds tasty!!

Weight

Thanks for leaving a comment, it means so much!

This website uses Akismet to reduce spam.Learn how your comment data is processed.

Homemade Tortillas - 3 different recipes (2024)

References